Tuesday 13 October 2015

Autumnal dark red lipstick collection!

Fall is just around the corner, the leaves begin to fall, the air is all fresh and crisp, we bring out our soft, knitted sweaters and drink hot chocolates with marshmallows, instead of ice tea and lemonade. This is my favourite time of the year (except of Christmas of course) and not only the leaves change their colour, but also the colours of my lipstick choices. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to show you my five favourite autumn/winter lipsticks!


(from left to right): Astor "Soft Sensation Matte" in "026 Royal Diva"; Maybelline "Color drama" in "310 Berry much"; Bite "Matte crème" in "Mulled Maple"; L'oreal "Color Riche" in "374 Intense plum"; Maybelline "Moisture extreme" in "590 Burgundy"

Astor "Soft Sensation Matte":

This lipstick is definitely the most purple one of my five favourites. Although it has a matte finish, it isn't all that drying but I would recommend using some kind of lip balm before applying it to the lips. Sometimes, when I don't want a too purple looking lip, I use a more red toned lip colour on top. 


Maybelline "Color drama":



This Lipstick is the newest addition to my collection and has the perfect autumn colour for me, It's not too red but also not to purple and the lasting power and colour payoff is surprisingly good. It is more a lip crayon than a lipstick, which works really well, because It acts as a lipliner and lipstick, all in one. Totally worth a try and cheap as chips! ;-)


Bite "Matte crème":

Before I bought this lipstick a few moths ago, when I was in Canada, I have only heard Fleur from "FleurdeForce" talk about this company. She raved about the Bite Lip products, so I was extremely happy to see the Bite counter in Sephora. This particular Lipstick is from a limited edition "Canada" line and It tastes and smells like maple syrup. The lasting power is incredible and It's not at all drying, even though It has a matt finish. This is the most expensive lipstick out of these five, but I think It's totally worth its money!


L'oreal "Color Riche":




This L'oreal one is a true dark red lipstick with no purple looking undertones. I really like this colour, because I usually tend to go more for colours with a blue undertone. Sadly the lasting power isn't all that good. After a meal you definitely will want to touch up your lips, but otherwise It's a beautiful Lipstick.


Maybelline "Moisture extreme":


Last but not least, is this incredibly creamy Lipstick from Maybelline Jade. This has a beautiful, light rusty red colour and I sometimes mix it with the quite purple, Astor one. It has a satin finish and doesn't dry out the lips, they feel nice and moisturized throughout the day. 


Swatches and Overview:
1 Maybelline "Color drama" in "310 Berry much"; 2 L'oreal "Color Riche" in "374 Intense plum; " 3 Astor "Soft Sensation Matte" in "026 Royal Diva"; 4 Maybelline "Moisture extreme" in "590 Burgundy "; 5 Bite "Matte crème" in "Mulled Maple"

Love,
Clare






No comments:

Post a Comment